GoodReads

C's bookshelf: read

The Peculiar
Maggot Moon
Chime
Leviathan
The City and the City
Graceling
The Road
A Certain Slant of Light
The Muses Among Us: Eloquent Listening and Other Pleasures of the Writer's Craft
Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood
Brown Girl in the Ring
Well Wished
The Innkeeper's Song
Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art
Beloved
American Indian Myths and Legends
The Left Hand of Darkness
The Return of the King
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers


C S Peterson's favorite books »

Monday, March 5, 2012

What are you reading? (one day late)


I’m reading a lot of inspiring encouraging blogs
in quick morning moments
I’m reading screenplay pages from my fellow students
on Fridays before class
I’m reading The Hobbit and bits of Beowulf
as I drift into sleep
I’m reading Luke, out loud 
with my daughters on the way to school (teen is driving)
I’m reading Seven Daughters of Eve
and
How the Irish Saved Civilization
and
Brian Green’s The Hidden Reality and Icarus at the Edge of Time
to keep up with my students
And cuddled on the couch before bedtime
with the wind outside whipping around the trees
I’m reading Wind in the Willows out loud
calling in the spring with my boys


6 comments:

  1. The best: "I’m reading Wind in the Willows out loud
    calling in the spring with my boys". I think you are a busy woman! Nice way to organize your reading, into a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our reading lists are always a slice of our lives aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have framed your reading! It is better than a list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the alliteration "bits of Beowulf...whipping...wind...willows...cuddle...couch" -somehow it made me thing of the ebb and flow, the tide of all of our reading bits as they wash in and out of differrent parts of our reading lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you told your reading story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to stop after the first line. What a rich reading life you lead.

    ReplyDelete